SS DT: 12x12 Layout | Sweet Domestic Bliss

Hello everyone, welcome back to the blog! I am on the Simple Stories blog today, sharing 2 layouts using the Domestic Bliss collection. I am in love with this new collection, the colors and embellishments really fit my recent photos!

Sweet
The sweet colours of this collection made me think of my niece, Sophie! She is the first niece in the family, and therefore very much doted by everyone. This photo was taken at the age of 2 months, and I really love how comfortable she looks, sound asleep with 2 guardian angels taking care of her! Therefore, for the first layout, I just had to use a photo of my dear niece.


Such a sleeping beauty isn’t she? I decided to use a dream-catcher as the background, since I often wonder what she is dreaming of when she is sound asleep.



I added some enamel dots of the same collection onto the dream-catcher; they add dimensions to the background! Next, I rummaged through the bits & pieces pack – there were some awesome looking callout signs which suited the story I wanted to tell. The sticker sheet had complementing stickers too which I could not resist!


Some more ephemeras selected in conjunction with my story. This pack is really handy in a lot of ways.


The feathers and title were also cut using my silhouette cameo. I love the array of colours on the feathers! This collection has the best colour combination ever! Here I am using the pattern papers Mom Rules & Bless this Mess.



Chipboard embellishments are another of my favourite decorations. They add dimensions and layering to the entire layout. Try layering the chipboards to create different dimensions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This Home is Filled With Love
This uses the same collection, Domestic Bliss. The photo was taken recently during a family gathering, and I knew I wanted to use this photo with this collection. I started planning the page with circles and a home cut file. 



The title was inspired by the elements found on the chipboard pack and the combo sticker. While going through the supplies, this title literally jumped on me and I thought it might work well with the house as the background.




I wanted to prevent the layout from looking too squarish, and at the same time flowing with the circular elements which I wanted to add. Therefore, I did some simple running stitches in circular form, highlighting parts of the layout. Here I have added some ephemeras from the Bits & Pieces pack, and I deliberately cut the lower part of the circular element (from one of the pattern paper in the collection) to be used on another part of the layout. There are really no rules about cutting up ephemeras, use it to suit your layout!


On the lower part of the layout, I laid out the embellishments so they look like my living room in order to tell the story. The elements in this collection are perfect! I did some fussy cutting on one of the pattern papers for this couch. There is a part of me that yells “Stitch it!” when I looked at the couch, so I went ahead to do some simple stitches! I love how different it looked before and after the stitching! Stitching does give some added dimensions, and that is why I enjoy doing some stitching on layouts. Just below the couch, I have added the part of the circular element.


Added ephemeras to form my living room scene with some potted plants and of course, Winston!


Hope you have enjoyed the walk through today, and thank you for joining me today!

Supplies:




No comments