MWL DT: LO | Love

Hello everyone! How has October been for everyone? October has proven to be challenging for me in terms of medical and on-going activities, but I am surely in the midst of the best company ever to get me through this month!

I am up as Made With Love DT today sharing a layout to thank my family. I am so blessed to have them by my side, no matter how challenging times were. It was inspired by 2 dies - Bundle of flowers (Sizzix Bigz L by Katelyn Lizardi) and Diamond Cluster (Sizzix Thinlits by Debi Patter).


I always love to add a stitch or two on my layouts. That is what completes a layout for me. It is also an interesting element to add dimensions on a layout.


The first thing I did was to lay the Diamond cluster diecut on the white cardstock. I know, it may seem like a completely different purpose of the die, but it does work as a stitching template for me too! Look out for other dies with the same capability, there are quite a number of dies which can do the same! Have a foam board or piercing mat below the white cardstock, and start with a few holes at the tips of the design. I secured the die in place with a couple of needles. Doesn't it look as though I am performing some sort of accupuncture on the cardstock? Ha!


After piercing the necessary holes, stitch away! I used regular long stitch method, weaving in and out of the holes. The end product is 2 sets of stitched damond clusters!



No, I do not really have a plan before I start stitching. I actually like to go wth the flow, and let the elements speak to me. This time, I have chosen Simple Stories - Vintage Blessings collection for my layout because of the beautiful and warm colors - perfect for family photos or any grateful themed layouts!



There are some family sentiments in the collection that really pops to me. I did some fussy cutting of the elements and added them to the layout.


Next, I really wanted to make us of the flowers die which I totally love! This is a must have - you can create 2 different kinds and I have chose one of the design this time. Another bonus, the construction of the flowers are easy! It is also easy to incorporate onto layouts as they are not very bulky.

Lastly, I added the title and some prima flowers to balance the entire layout. Who doesn't like a prima flower (or 2!)? That surely is a must have for layouts - instantly sweetens the entire deal!

Supplies Used:
  • Simple Stories - Vintage Blessings Collection
  • Sizzix - Bundle of flowers (Sizzix Bigz L by Katelyn Lizardi)
  • Sizzix - Diamond Cluster (Sizzix Thinlits by Debi Patter). 
  • Brown Twine
  • American Crafts Thickers - The Lucky Ones
  • Prima Flowers - Fleurs De Prima #597009

All suppliies used are available at Made With Love. Have a great week ahead filled with inspirations and thank you for dropping by my blog today!


No comments