MWL DT: LO | Joy

Hello fellow crafters! Today I am sharing a layout on Made With Love with some chain stitching!


Stitching on layouts are one of my favorite things to do. They always inspire the outcome of the entire layout.


This time, I was inspired to stitch a Christmas tree geometric image with chain stitches. I have always wanted a Christmas tree for Christmas. Singapore homes are just too small to house a tree! But I always loved seeing the different decorated Christmas trees online or while visiting my friends' place.

Chain stitching are the basics of book binding. I like to use them on layouts! For this Christmas tree, I started with measuring the distances, and piercing the points for sewing purposes. The stitching was so therapeutic! This time, I am using the Mayaroad waxed hemp. I like that it gives a more solid feel, and the Christmas tree looks real!


After the stitching was done, I started layering the photo and added sticker embellishments. Since I am layering these embellishments, I used the powder tool so that the sticker elements won't stick to the wrong places.


Behind the photo, I decided to use some water color to spice up the layout. Using the Gamsai Tambi is a breeze. Just spritz some water to the color palette you intend to use and brush it onto the cardstock. Then, I added some light number stamping in Versafine Grey. Let it dry or use a heat gun to speed up the drying process. Afterwards, decorating is like the sentiment "oh, what fun!"


To finish up the layout, I used the Sizzix die and cut out the letters J, O and Y. Large alphabet diecuts are my favorite! They are prominent on a layout! Add some embellishments and sentiments around the title to create interest.


I had fun with this layout, and hope you enjoyed the walk through! All products used are from Made With Love, thanks for dropping by my blog today! 

Supplies Used:

  • Gamsai Tambi Water Color
  • Mayaroad Waxed Hemp - Yellow and Green
  • Simple Stories | Oh What Fun! Collection - Combo Cardstock Stickers
  • My Mind's Eye | Oh What Fun! Collection - Wreaths
  • My Mind's Eye | Oh What Fun! Collection - Santa
  • My Mind's Eye | Oh What Fun! Collection - Wonderland
  • My Mind's Eye | Oh What Fun! Collection - Minty
  • Sizzix Bigz Alphabet Set 7 Dies - Serif Essentials
  • Sizzix Bigz Die - Stars



No comments